Tuesday 5 March 2013

Books, bags, scarfs and placemats

I made these for the shop and really enjoyed making them!

The granny squares are placemats made from 100% cotton twine.

The bookcover was knitted in a beige double knitting yarn with crochet flowers in various colours sewn on the front.

The pot holders/dishcloths are made from a thick cotton twine which gives it a more rustic feeling. It is very strong and you will not burn your hand if you hold this cloth.

The infinity scarf was the very first item that I knitted when we arrived here because my sewing machine was still in its box and not unpacked yet.

My suitcase with yarns and wool was within easy reach which explains why there is so many hand items and not any sewing.

This was fun as I had to work out exactly how many stitches will make the length of the scarf It's an acrylic double knit in a lovely wine colour.







No comments:

Post a Comment